Is Glen 20 safe to breathe

Is Glen 20 safe to breathe

Hello, I have a work collegue who sprays Glen 20 all around the office daily to ‘disinfect’ the office. I think as it smells so strongly that is can’t possibly be good for you. Can you tell me if there are any harmful chemicals in it? We don’t have access to fresh air in our building, and it is air-conditioned 24/7.
Thank you

202023cookie-checkIs Glen 20 safe to breathe

30
Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Dr Chemical

It may have fragrances in it these days – it didn’t use to. Allergic reactions can never be fully discounted, but in my experience, when people say that a product like this is causing a reaction, it is overwhelmingly psychosematic. They believe that the companies that make these products are evil people that put whatever chemicals they want in their products.
There are two problems with this:
1. They aren’t allowed to. Every chemical that goes into every product on the domestic market has to have an APVMA licence, and these licenses are very conservative in what they allow.
2. It would be commercial suicide for any company to sell a consumer product that induced a negative reaction in ANYBODY, and they will withdraw products at the drop of a hat to preserve their credibility and reputation.

Dr Chemical

Here’s an FYI. Once you subtract the active ingredients on any product from 100% the rest is water. They don’t put that on the can for two reasons. Firstly, it’s not an active ingredient, and secondly, they don’t want to advertise how much water you are paying for.

Dr Chemical

The other 40% is water. You can take it to any lab you want and you’ll find that out for yourself

Carl Osmer King
Carl Osmer King

Dr Chemical “Glen20 contains only alcohol (ethanol)” NO! It is only 60% ethanol. Says so on the can. Has anyone truly independant tested the product?

Carl Osmer King
Carl Osmer King

No where on the www can I find out what chemicals are in Glen-20. The can says it is 60% ethanol. What is the other 40%? Why is that NOT on the can? What are the makers hiding? All I no is that I feel ill after it is sprayed in a toilet near my room. I’m 77 and spend most of my time there. At a place where I used to work Health and Safety banned its use.

Anonymous
Anonymous

The allergic response is more likely to be caused by the synthetic perfumes/fragrances. Glen 20 would be a great product f only it was an ethanol/butane/propane but the overwhelming fragrances make it intolerable. Side note, the hundreds of chemical fragrances in commercial products don’t even get tested for allergenic potential, that would be an awfully costly endeavour. So while they get a ‘license to sell the stuff’, the frangrances haven’t even been tested so its substantially incorrect to be considered safe.

Dr Chemical

If that has been the result of using Glen20 then it is an allergic reaction of some sort. Glen20 contains only alcohol (ethanol) and would not trigger such a response in the vast bulk of the population. And this should come as no surprise to anyone. This product is used in thousands of households across the nation. Moreover, they do not get granted a licence to sell the stuff (by the APVMA) unless it is considered safe.

Jennika Khan
Jennika Khan

Horrible product. My husband sprayed while kids and i were nearby . My gosh i could taste this crap at the back of my throat. Have been coughing since june 2020 and its now dec 2020. Have wheezing in my chest gets worse when i go to bed. Disrupts sleep. Been to doctor twice third visit will be to have a scan done on my lungs. If anyone reading this please stop using this or work past this rubbish product. Ventilate your house naturally.
If possible. Looks like it has so much harmful chemicals. Keep it away from kids. Can damage their young lungs

Max
Max

I’m wondering if Glen 20 has a changed formula. I’ve used it all my life with no problems and enjoyed the benefits. However this year we used the citrus version which was tearing at my lungs. I’ve been coughing since February. I thought maybe it’s just that one scent, but have switched back to original and am still forced back to bed with coughing within thirty minutes of it being used.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Glen 20 is poisonous there isn’t much that affects me and I haven’t been able to breathe for 3 days because of somebody spraying it in my home as air freshener